Thursday, July 3, 2008

Great Devotional to Recommend


A have been a little absent lately as my summer has felt a little out of control. After MDA camp, I went on a mission trip with our church last week. The experience was phenomenal- we stayed fairly local (about an hour a way) and did some much needed repair on a couple of elderly ladies homes. One project was a 90 foot wheelchair ramp so that the woman could leave her house for the first time in a year- good stuff.

This week has been a few pastoral visits, work with two non-profits Kiwanis and Mediation Services, and I am now in the process of writing a sermon. All of this while totally preoccupied about my visit tomorrow to the fertility center tomorrow(my husband and I are fervently hoping to have a family soon :)

I got a book early in the week that has been a true blessing. It is called, "The Message//Remix: Solo" It is a personal devotional book, using the lectio divina method of sacred reading. Each day has a different passage from the Message to read- and questions to guide you through the lectio. I highly recommend it. I will post the sermon in a couple of days- until then, have a great weekend!

No comments: