Friday, September 19, 2008

Fall Friday Five

It's been many weeks since I played along with the Friday five that revgalblogpals.com offers. So here it is for you today:

As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:

1) A fragrance: I love all things pumpkin- best of all pumpkin bread. My favorite fall fragrance would have to be pumpkin bread baking. I can remember baking it with my mom, and after a little trial and error, learning to bake it on my own. I have since then tried many low fat and other variations and I can honestly say I love them all!

2) A color: The colors of the leaves of course! Tennessee's fall colors are beyond belief- the vivid reds, greens and yellows are amazing. And as you drive along, you see beautiful tree covered hills everywhere- I am so grateful to live here particularly during the fall.

3) An item of clothing: I adore fall clothes, its still pretty warm here in Tennessee, but soon I will get to wear my long sleeved t-shirts. My current favorite is a faded yellow Vanderbilt shirt. Can you believe they have won three games already!

4) An activity: The corn maze: I now love to take my youth group to the corn maze. For those of you who don't know, this is giant field of corn that someone has cut a pattern in to. Then you head into the maze, armed with questions (we usually do Bible trivia), and at certain stops you are directed in the correct way to go if you answer the question correctly- if not- you are sent on the wrong path. They also have a pumpkin patch, and take the kids on a hayride out to get a pumpkin. It's great fun. I love to carve and decorate pumpkins as well. Fall is just the best season!

5) A special day: Leaf fight! I remember a day when I was in college and my teacher education reading class would walk to the local elementary school to tutor children in reading. On the way back to class from the school, my friend Robyn and I could not resist the crunch of the leaves under our feet- we had to play. We threw leaves at each other and finally she bested me. We took a picture of me with a leaf in my hair, and she with her hands thrown high in victory. I'm always grateful for friends in my life who remind me that play is important. I'm also grateful for one of our favorite children's books, Fresh Fall Leaves

Happy Friday everyone- be sure to click the links in the blog- they are fun!

No comments: