Thursday, March 1, 2012

A website I'm diggin'


The season of Lent is here once again and if you are like me that means you are trying to have a little more discipline in your life. Sometimes increased discipline means a need for increased inspiration. This year I am taken by a site called "Busted Halo". It all started with a video I saw all over facebook on Ash Wed. The video was a simple and great explanation of what Ash Wednesday is. From there I went to check out the website and found a little treasure- an Lenten Calendar. Much like the concept of the Advent Calendar. The site's theme for Lent is fast-pray-give (a theme which you saw reflected in my sermon Sunday). I'm enjoying the calendar because it incorporates a quote each day (usually by someone recongizable by pop culture) and then three ideas. One idea for "fast", one idea for "pray" and one idea for "give".

For instance, today's quote is from Jim Henson (Creator of Kermit the Frog. Henson says, "Watch out for each other. Love and forgive everybody. It’s a good life, enjoy it!" Short, simple, lovely.

One of my other favorites was from Amy Pohler, "Take your risks now, as you grow older you become more fearful and less flexible. And I mean that literally. I hurt my knee this week on the treadmill, and it wasn’t even on."

Great stuff! I suggest you give it a try!Click here to go to the site.

No comments: