Friday, February 1, 2008

Movie Recommendation


Today I have a day off- Happy Friday everybody. Yes, I'm still in my pj's- that's one of my favorite things to do on my day off is stay in them as long as I can. I feel a shower coming on soon. Another thing I like to do is watch movies as you might know. Today I watched a documentary on the Lost Boys of Sudan, those young men in Southern Sudan who left their country under threat of death by the civil war there. They left first to a camp in Ethiopia and then Kenya. They became family for each other there as they were separated from parents and siblings. Many of them were resettled to the United States, and continue to help their loved ones back in Africa.

The film I watched is called, "God Grew Tired of Us." I recommend it if you'd like to learn more about your human family, and the triumphant human spirit in the face of suffering.

No comments: